Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Changes

Loss doesn't "get better".  You don't heal from grief, but as time goes on you process it in a different light.  Brian's death is no longer a shock.  It isn't as raw as it once was, but it is painful in a different way.

My happiness, my future, my dreams were so tied up in him - now that he is gone, life feels bleak and meaningless.  I can't find anything to look forward to.  It is hard to find joy or satisfaction in things.  I don't know how to plan for the future, because I can't even imagine a future without him.

The pain of his death isn't as bad as it once was, but the reality of my life now without him, is unbearably painful.  I "do".  I get through the days.  I go to work, I take care of my pets - I get by, but it isn't enough.  I would like to live a purposeful life, but I can't find meaning anymore. 

Loneliness sucks meaning from life.  I don't know how to look forward to a future that is still incomprehensible and frightening.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss and I send many prayers for comfort. I know I am a complete stranger halfway across the country, but perhaps I am to reach out to you for a reason. I was touched by your blog Hooked on Crochet because you were crocheting hats for chemo patients. Then I started clicking and reading and discovering why there were no other posts. I hope that eventually you will find meaning and purpose for your life again, your husband sounded like a pretty great guy! You are NOT invisible, and you mean something to someone...even a complete stranger like me! Sending you love and many prayers. Thank you for the many free patterns of hats you have offered previously, I use them to make hats for chemo also! Stay strong, your husband only left you in physical form, his spirit surrounds you always.

    ReplyDelete