Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Cheesecake

Intense pain can be found in the strangest of places - like in cheesecake.

Brian's unveiling will be this Sunday.  I'm not ready.  I'm not ready to see confirmation of his death carved in stone. I'm dreading it, but it will happen.  Friends will be there to help me through.  Many of the same friends who were there with me a year ago - who have given me so much love and support.

So after the ceremony there will be a luncheon.  I'm ordering sandwiches, but making sides and desserts. VN Tonight after a long and dreadful day at work, I came home to make cheesecake.  It suddenly occurred to me that I've never made cheesecake before.  I'm making cheesecake for Brian's unveiling, but I never made cheesecake for him.  I can't tell you what searing pain came with that realization.

What I wouldn't do for the chance to bake cheesecake for Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment