Thursday, October 2, 2014

Celebrate life?

Today was my birthday, and it was fine, mostly because it was just another day.  I didn't have special plans.  In fact, I didn't see anyone today.  Other than an avalanche of Facebook wishes, I didn't have to think about birthdays, occasions or celebrations.  I ran errands and cooked.  I spoke with a few friends.  I just got through the day.

I know that life is the right choice, and that aging beats the alternative.  I'm grateful that I'm basically healthy and comfortable.  I just wish I could find a reason to feel that my choice of life is the right choice.

One day, hopefully not too soon, I'll die.  I'll simply cease to exist.  I hope that I can find a way to make the time between now and then meaningful.  Maybe then, in 2015, I'll feel a reason to celebrate life.

No comments:

Post a Comment