Monday, October 13, 2014

Lonely

I'm lonely.

I have amazing friends, and I spend time with them.  When I'm with people I care about I can feel joy, and I can experience laughter. I can forget that I'm lonely for a time.  But at the end of the day, I go to bed alone.  I wake up alone.  I come home from work, and I'm alone.  I eat meals (or skip meals) alone.  I do the laundry, wash the dishes, sweep the floor - alone.  Nobody greats me with a hug.  Nobody asks how my day was.  Nobody tells me about their day, discusses world events, talks to me about people we know, because nobody is there.

I have love, I have friends; but I have no partner to come home to.  To share my life with.  I have never been good alone.  I hate living alone.  I shouldn't feel lonely because I have so many wonderful people in my life, and yet I am alone and lonely.

How do I make what I have enough?  How do I become comfortable living by myself?  How does this existence become fulfilling?

No comments:

Post a Comment