Monday, September 1, 2014

can't rationalize it away

I'm depressed.  I'm sad, lonely, exhausted, and finding it hard to rationalize away some crushing feelings of despair.

I come home from the hospital yesterday.  I had five friends come visit today, and several others call or email, and I know that I'm so lucky to have so many people who genuinely care about me, but I'm depressed.  I feel like I have to put on a smile and a sunny disposition, but I just want to cry.  I want to curl up and hide from the world and just stop feeling, stop pretending, stop putting on a good face for others and just allow myself to be genuine in my pain and grief.

Things have been hard.  Too hard, and I feel like people either over or underestimate me.  They assume that I can manage with little help, or that I'm a wuss with no tolerance for pain.  I have a lot of tollerance for pain, but my pain before surgery was unbearable.  I do the best I can, but I do need help.  The hardest part of all this, the biggest challenge is coping alone without Brian.  Waking up alone every morning, turning out the lights alone every night.

I loved being married.  I loved being a wife and partner.  I hate facing every day and every new challenge alone.  Some days are better than others, but I'm really starting to doubt that things will ever truly feel OK again.

No comments:

Post a Comment