Saturday, March 1, 2014

Beauty

I've never been beautiful.  When I was younger I was awfully cute, but I've never fit into a definition of beauty.  In fact, the only two people who ever thought I was beautiful were Brian and my Grandmother, may they rest in peace.

Lately, I feel different.  I've stopped focusing on my loss, and started focusing on the amazing gift I had with Brian.  A relationship built on love, absolute trust, mutual admiration, and respect.  We had it all.  And since I started focusing on that gift, I've been able to see just how much knowing and loving Brian has changed me.  I'm stronger, smarter, more confident and more trusting.  I'm able to see myself through his eyes.  To stop focusing on all my faults and flaws, and to focus on what is right about me.  In doing so, I feel him alive and well in my heart.

And that makes me feel incredibly beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment